Brownie Butter Cake Recipe
Makes 1 loaf | Prep Time: 30 mins | Bake Time: 55 mins
140g (5oz) dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
50g (¼ cup) unsalted butter
50g (¼ cup) brown sugar
35g (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
120g (½ cup) unsalted butter
100g (½ cup) sugar (I reduced by 1 Tbsp)
120g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
2g (¼ tsp) baking powder
50ml (3 ½ Tbsp) fresh milk
- First, grease and line a 10cm x 20cm (4×8-in) loaf pan with aluminium foil and preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- To make the brownie, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove and leave it to cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar until blended.
- Add in egg, mix well. Fold in flour, mix until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove.
- To make butter cake, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, alternately add in fresh milk, mix to form batter.
- Spread the butter cake batter over brownie, bake in oven at 160C/320F for 25-30 minutes or until cooked. Insert a cake tester in the middle to check doneness.
- Lastly, enjoy!
Recipe found on rasamalaysia.com