So while I was browsing pinterest , I came up this delicious treat and I thought I would share it with all you. Since I will be going home at the end of the month, I will be able to make these and try it out, I am super duper excited!
If you want me to stop talking now and go straight to the recipe, just scroll down below.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastry Puffs
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 27 mins
Serves: 10 pastries
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 12 oz tube Grands!®Jr. Golden Layers Butter Tastin’ Biscuits
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix your softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and cinnamon until creamy. Set aside.
- On a non-sticking baking sheet, press each biscuit out into a rectangle form, about 4 inches by 3 inches, being careful not to break a hole in the dough. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the filling into the center of each biscuit. Fold the long sides in, overlapping the edges, then fold the ends under, pressing the seams just very gently to help them seal. Turn the pastries over, placing them seam-side down.
- Whisk an egg in a small bowl, then brush the tops of the pastries with egg wash. Sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Serve immediately, or allow them to cool and refrigerate.
- Last step is to eat and enjoy!