Found this recipe while browsing the Internet and when I saw it, it made me eager to eat it. Now, im posting this recipe so all of you can make and taste this yummy quesadilla and share this with others!
So easy to make, all you need is just some chicken breasts (a rotisserie chicken would be even better or if you have some leftover grilled chicken from a BBQ, that works too), caramelized onions, large piece of pepper jack cheese, Flour tortillas, fresh tomatoes, an avocado, sour cream and some fresh cilantro. With just those ingredients, this meal will be on the table in no time!
Chicken And Caramelized Onion Quesadilla
This recipe makes one quesadilla, adjust recipe accordingly.
- 2 flour tortillas
- oil to brush the tortillas
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. shredded pepper jack cheese (or any easy to melt cheese)
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. caramelized onions (2 onions, sliced and cooked about 20 min.)
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. sautéed red bell peppers
- 1 sliced and sautéed jalapeño (or sliced pickled jalapeños) or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- lime wedges to garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in pan and add chicken, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Mix and cook until just heated through.
- Brush one side of the tortilla with oil and place in a non stick pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese, then add the onions, chicken, bell peppers, jalapeños, the last 1/2 of the cheese, and the cilantro.
- Top with the second tortilla and brush with oil.
- Cook on medium heat until golden, turn and cook until golden on the other side. Remove from the pan and let rest a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
- Lastly, Enjoy!
Tell me your thoughts on it or if you made it a little different to make it more amazing, what did you do? Comment below!