So I was in the mood for cheesecake this afternoon, so while I was looking at cheesecake recipes on the Internet, I found this little treat on cannellavita.com. There is nothing that can go wrong when you mix two of the world’s greatest things, cookies and cheesecake, and combine it to make the most delicious delicacy in the planet! Do I have your attention yet? Good! That just means that its time to move on to the recipe so you can eat these delicious bites of heaven!
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
4. Place the Oreo cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop the cookies into about 1½ to 2″ balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
5. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
6. And we cannot forget the most important step, which is to take a bite and enjoy!
So what did you think of this recipe? Did you love it, hate it, or still cant make up your mind? Post your thoughts in the comments below!